In the days leading up to my powerlifting competition, I had almost completely disregarded nutrition. This food log will hopefully serve not only so others can see what I'm doing, but also to help myself keep track of what I'm doing so I can notice my own trends.
I am NOT tracking:
- Coffee (I usually put a splash of skim milk and splenda in it)
- Water (I try to always have a glass / bottle around me at work and at home)
- Diet Soda (Addict.)
Monday, March 26th
- ~11:00 AM: Chopped Chicken and Vegetable mix
- ~3:00 PM: Peanut butter sandwich on oatmeal bread
- 7:30 PM: Mixed Green Salad with bacon, almond slivers, green peppers, grilled chicken & balsamic vinegar
- 8:30 PM: Small slice of vegetable & meat lasagna w/ handful of almonds
- ~2:00 PM: Chicken roll x 2 (Small amount of cheese and parsley wrapped in ~1/4th of a chicken breast and covered with a vegetable-heavy tomato sauce) and 1 apple
- ~7:30 PM: Sesame Chicken takeout w/ 1/2 cup of rice
- ~12:00 PM: Peanut butter sandwich on oatmeal bread
- 9:30 PM: 4 slices of pizza with tons of meat and amazingness.
Thursday, March 29th
- 2:30 PM - Small green salad with peppers, carrots, tomatos and balsamic vinagarette & gigantic burger with cheese, irish bacon (whatever that is, looked like canadian bacon), a fried egg, ketchup, a negligible amount of lettuce all on what was probably the equivalent of 2 pieces of buttery texas toast.
- 7:45 - Medium slice of vegetable and meat lasagna, 1 apple & small smoothie with skim milk, 1 scoop protein powder and mixed berries.
Here is where the internet apparently swallowed up the food log that I already had posted and now it is gone - so effectively that's a week of my food log forgotten. The gist, however, is that during this week I did NOT eat very well. I stayed within my calorie ranges in general (except on weekends), but I ate poor food choices, such as burgers with fried eggs and bacon on top, wine and crackers with cheese.
Weeks 3 & 4 (more like just week 4)
Saturday, April 7th
- 11:00 AM - 3 plain chicken fingers
- 2:30 PM - 2 tbsp peanut butter, small glass skim milk
- 7:00 PM - Beef and vegetable stir-fry with 1/2 cup rice
- 8:00 PM - Entirely too much popcorn.
Sunday, April 8th
- 9:30 AM - 2 scrambled eggs, 4 pieces of bacon, 1 english muffin with butter.
- 2:30 PM - 1 cheeseburger w/ bun, lettuce, onions, ketchup, 1 cheeseburger w/o bun, baked beans w/ bacon. Some dessert with pudding, whip cream, lady fingers, and a bunch of strawberries.
- 9:00 PM - Small Vanilla cappuccino
Yikes, Easter. Well, it's been fun eating pretty much whatever I want while trying to stay in caloric ranges, but that's in no way a healthy way to eat. It's time to jump back onto the vegetable wagon!
Monday, April 9th
- 2:00 PM - 1/3rd grilled chicken breast w/ bbq sauce, a little bit of a carrot & raisin salad from Chick-fil-a, which is really, really gross and swimming in sugary syrup. Mmmm healthy.
- 7:00 PM - Grilled chicken breast, baked beans w/ bacon, mixed vegetables.
- 9:30 PM - Large smoothie w/ skim milk, 2 scoops protein powder and mixed berries.
Tuesday, April 10th
- 2:00 PM - 1 Grilled chicken breast w/ bbq sauce, 1 apple.
- 7:30 PM - Baked beans w/ bacon, large glass skim milk
- 9:30 PM - Handful of peanuts, small slice protein cheesecake. (awesome recipe for this HERE, it is really delicious.)
Wednesday, April 11th
- 2:00 PM - Beef salad w/ beans, tomatos, cucumbers, 1 tbsp of unknown dressing.
- 7:30 PM - 2 Chicken rolls (these with mozzarella cheese and garlic in the middle wrapped in bacon, awesome), broccoli, 4 deviled eggs
- 9:30 - 1/2 cup whole milk
Thursday, April 12th
- 10:00 AM - 1 apple
- 3:00 PM - Black beans, steak, peppers, onions, tomatos, lettuce and 1/2 cup rice mixed up.
- 8:00 PM - 2 Chicken rolls w/ bbq sauce and broccoli.
- 9:00 PM - Smoothie made w/ ice, a little whole milk, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder and a small spoonful of cocoa powder. Much more delicious than I thought it'd be!
Friday, April 13th
- 2:00 PM - 4 chicken fingers w/ bbq sauce, 1 apple.
- 7:00 PM - Sausage and a smoothie with ice, skim milk, 2 scoops vanilla protein powder and small spoonful of cocoa powder. Still delicious.
- 9:00 PM - Probably like 500 calories of peanuts. Good thing I'm out now.
Saturday, April 14th
- 7:00 AM - Sausage and small glass skim milk
- 12:30 PM - Sweet potato fries, pint of beer and a cheeseburger w/ bacon and fried egg, lettuce, onion. (Do you see a recurring theme here?)
- 8:30 PM - Grilled pineapple (So amazing, try this if you never have even if you don't think you like pineapple!), grilled vegetable skewers (green/red/orange peppers, onion, zucchini and mushrooms) 2 more cheeseburgers with bacon. Dang. That's 3 in one day.
Don't even put anything on them! Just cut, grill for 5 minutes and eat.
- 1:00 AM - A piece of home-made beef jerky. I thought for the longest time that I was just not a 'jerky person.' Turns out gas-station jerky is just gross.
Sunday, April 15th
- 12:00 PM - Another piece of jerky. Still good hours after it was made. I may be converted.
- 3:00 PM - 8:30 PM - Huge. Diet. Fail. Went over to a friend's house to visit some friends I hadn't seen in a while. There wasn't any 'meal' food around, just stuff to graze on, which is my biggest downfall. Untold amounts of chips & salsa, terrible store-bought cookies (that I don't even like!), Starburst jelly beans (which aren't even that good either), beer, oh, and later we ordered pizza. Awful. I felt sick afterwards. On the plus side, I don't think I'll be doing that again.
Weeks 5 & 6
- 2:30 PM - Salad w/ black beans, beef, tomatoes, 2 boiled eggs, cucumbers, lettuce and vinaigrette. Filling and delicious.
- 9:00 PM - 4 chicken fingers w/ bbq sauce, large chocolate smoothie I made a few posts up.
Tuesday, April 17th
- 3:00 PM - 4 chicken fingers w/ bbq sauce, 1 apple.
- 8:00 PM - 1/2 cup plain oatmeal with 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1/2 scoop protein powder. 3 slices of bacon. (Tip: Don't microwave bacon)
Wednesday, April 18th
- 2:00 PM - Salad w/ lettuce, tomatos, cucumbers, beef, black beans, vinaigrette.
- 4:00 PM - 1 apple
- 8:30 PM - 3 egg omelet w/ sausage and cheese
Thursday, April 19th
- 1:30 PM - "Cupcake on a Stick," no idea what it actually is. A client gave it to me - it's from Starbucks and it's awesome.
- 3:00 PM - Salad w/ lettuce, red peppers, chicken, vinaigrette, other random vegetables.
- 7:00 PM - 2 slices of meat heavy pizza
- 8:30 PM - 2 eggs w/ cheese.
Friday, April 20th
- 1:00 PM - 1 apple
- 8:30 PM - 1 hotdog w/ bun and ketchup/mustard, 3 hotdogs w/o buns, 1 cheeseburger w/ bun, 1 piece of chicken, 2 peanut butter & chocolate chip cookies, 1 beer.
- 10:00 PM - 1:00 AM - 2 or 3 more beers.
Saturday, April 21st
- 12:00 PM - 1 piece of jerky
- 2:00 PM - 4 chicken fingers w/ bbq sauce, medium fry.
- 4:00 PM - 1 slice protein cheesecake. (Seriously, it's so good)
- 9:00 PM - 1 small red velvet cupcake. (It's so bad when I come home to surprise cupcakes!), 3 egg omelet w/ cheese.
Sunday, April 22nd
- 10:30 AM - 1 zone bar
- 12:00 PM - "W" burger from Wendy's w/ just ketchup, cup of chili.
- 4:30 PM - 2 more cupcakes, medium glass skim milk, 2 slices meat heavy pizza, handful of grapes, 2 strawberries.
- 7:30 PM - More grapes, 1/2 cup of red beans w/ bacon, peppers and sausage. My first attempt at making beans was a big success!
Once again, weekend eating takes its toll.
Monday, April 23rd
Monday, April 23rd
- 1:00 PM - 1 banana
- 7:30 PM - 3 egg omelette w/ cheese, 1 piece biscotti, rest of the grapes, beans.
- 9:00 PM - Smoothie w/ milk, cocoa powder and peanut butter.
Tuesday, April 24th
- 3:00 PM - Chicken salad, salad w/ peppers, tomatos, vinaigrette and pita chips, chickpeas, onions and small pita bread.
- 8:00 PM - Hummus, Gyro, more pita bread.
Wednesday, April 25th
- 1:00 PM - Beans/Bacon/Sausage/Peppers
- 7:30 PM - 3 egg omelette w/ cheese, 1 small cupcake, small glass of milk.
- 8:30 PM - Small Chili, 10 chicken nuggets.
Thursday, April 26th
- 11:30 AM - Small Salad w/ vinaigrette, greens, peppers, tomatos, Grilled buffalo chicken wrap.
- 7:30 PM - 2 spoonfuls peanut butter, small glass almond milk.
- 8:30 PM - Chicken Roll w/ cheese and bacon. (SO GOOD!)
Friday, April 27th
- 10:30 AM - 3 egg omelette w/ cheese, spoonful peanut butter, 3 strawberries, small glass of milk.
- 1:00 PM - 1 apple
- 7:00 PM - 2 chicken rolls w/ bbq sauce.
- 8:00 PM - 3 scrambled eggs w/ cheese, bacon, and peppers.
Saturday, April 28th
- 2:00 PM - Small Almond Joy bar.
- 8:00 PM - Giant T-bone Steak, baked potato fries (made with olive oil and spices) w/ ketchup.
- 9:00 PM - 1/2 of a protein cheesecake w/ whip cream. Like...half of the whole thing. Not half a slice.
Sunday, April 29th
- 4:00 PM - 2 pieces of super ultra meat pizza....plus more pizza I got for free. Just...a lot of pizza.
Week 7 & 8
Monday, April 30th
- 11:00 AM - 3 egg omelet w/ cheese, bacon and peppers.
- 7:30 PM - 2x Chicken Roll (bacon, cheese) w/ bbq sauce, another omelet, spoonful of peanut butter, strawberries
- 2:00 PM - yet another omelet, 1 sugar cookie, ~4 small chocolate pieces
- 8:30 PM - Steak sandwich w/ green beans & pecans, small slice of bread.
Wednesday, May 2nd
- 10:30 AM - 2x chicken rolls, strawberries, grilled chicken nuggets and peppers w/ hummus.
- 12:00 PM - Tall skinny cafe mocha from Starbucks
- 8:00 PM - Surprise! Another omelet. 2 pieces of dark chocolate, small glass almond milk.
Thursday, May 3rd
- 10:30 AM - grande skinny cafe mocha from Starbucks.
- 1:00 PM - grilled chicken nuggets w/ bbq sauce, broccoli w/ a little cheese and 1 slice bacon, pan coated with a sliver of butter.
- 3:00 PM - 1 apple, 1 small sugar cookie. (whoops)
- 7:45 PM - 4 egg scramble with 2 slices bacon, small amount of cheese / broccoli w/ 1 slice bacon, pan coated in a...large sliver of butter. That broccoli was good...but by that I probably mean the butter was good. Going to see if I can accomplish delicious broccoli sans so many toppings in the future.
Friday, May 4th
- 11:00 AM - Chicken salad, chickpea salad, green salad & pita bread
- 8:30 PM - BBQ Chicken Sandwich, fries, 1 pint Blue Moon
Saturday, May 5th
- 2:00 PM - BBQ Pork, fries, hush puppies w/ butter (Never put butter on them before...it's good stuff!), a bite of banana pudding.
- 3:00 PM - Way too many peanuts. Probably 400 calories worth...again.
- 8:00 PM - Small margarita, salad with cucumbers, steak, chicken and shrimp, some chips and salsa.
- 10:00 - 3:00 AM - Beer. I have no clue how many. 1 beef taco.
The weekend strikes...AGAIN!!
Sunday, May 6th
- 10:30 AM - Egg scramble with peppers, onions, mushrooms, bacon and cheese.
- 6:00 PM - Protein Fluff w/ strawberries, banana and peanut butter, and some whip cream on top. It's like ice cream and just as awesome.
Would you have known this wasn't ice cream or yogurt if I hadn't told you??
Monday, May 7th
- 10:30 AM - Egg scramble with peppers, bacon and sausage.
- 7:30 PM - Another egg scramble, plus 2 squares dark chocolate.
Tuesday, May 8th
- 11:00 AM - Grilled Salmon, chickpeas, green salad, pita bread.
- 3:00 PM - Peanut package
- 8:00 PM - Egg scramble.
Wednesday, May 9th
- 10:30 AM - What's this? Another egg scramble you might say? Why yes, I know you are shocked.
- 8:00 PM - Small vanilla cappuccino. More. Eggs. Plus chocolate and a little peanut butter.
Thursday, May 10th
- 12:00 PM - Chicken Salad, mixed vegetables, green salad, pita bread.
- 8:30 PM - Pan-cooked onions and steak, zucchini boats (Replace potato with zucchini) with pork, bacon and cheese and strawberries, raspberries and blueberries with whip cream. Good stuff.
Mine weren't this pretty....
Friday, May 11th
- 2:00 PM - 3 chicken fingers w/ bbq sauce. Really pathetic chicken fingers at that.
- 8:30 PM - I'll give you 3 guesses. It involves eggs. 4 dark chocolate squares.
- 10:00 PM - 3 sausages.
Saturday, May 12th
- 12:00 PM - Packaged peanuts.
- 5:00 PM - Steak and mixed vegetables, a bit of a strawberry margarita.
- 7:30 PM - So. Much. Popcorn. 1 chocolate truffle. Whoops.
Sunday, May 13th
- 10:30 AM - like 5 slices of bacon, 2 eggs, 1 english muffin.
- 1:00 PM - 2 mini York Peppermint candies
- 3:45 PM - ~5 Chocolate squares.
- 6:00 PM - ~4 slices of turkey jerky, handful of almonds.
Weeks 9 & 10
Monday, May 14th
- 10:30 AM - 1 sausage burrito from McDonalds.
- 8:00 PM - some leftover shrimp / chicken / peppers, weren't very good and made me feel a little sick so I didn't eat too much.
- 8:30 PM - an untold amount of peanut butter / leftover whip cream.
Tuesday, May 15th
- 1:00 PM - Wendy's cheeseburger w/ fries. I was planning on eating this as post-workout and I shouldn't have with my back making my workout pathetic, but I did anyway - probably because I was mad.
- 6:30 PM - egg scramble w/ bacon, peppers sausage
- 8:30 PM - finished the rest of my peanut butter / whip cream
- 11:30 AM - Szechuan Beef w/ vegetables
- 2:00 PM - 1 apple
- 8:00 PM - egg scramble
Thursday, May 17th
- 12:00 PM - small salad w/ balsamic vinaigrette, sandwich with turkey, roast beef, ham, irish bacon, tomatoes.
- 8:00 PM - Steamed chicken & shrimp with mixed vegetables and brown sauce.
Friday, May 18th
- 2:30 PM - 2 chicken wings and some chips
- 5:00 PM - Walnut-crusted chicken w/ mixed vegetables and mashed potatoes.
Saturday, May 19th
- 2:00 PM - Hibachi Chicken w/ broccoli & soy sauce.
- 6:00 PM - Protein Shake w/ skim milk and 3 eggs.
- 8:00 PM - 2 pieces of really meaty pizza, coconut shrimp, a lot of wine.
Sunday, May 20th
- 11:00 AM - 1 english muffin w/ butter, 3 pieces bacon, cheese, 1 fried egg
- 6:00 PM - Bangers & Mash w/ onions - only ate like 1/2 the potatoes though.
- 8:00 PM - home-made peanut butter cup made with protein powder and peanut butter, check out the recipe on youtube!
Really good, and really messy. Eat with a glass of milk!
Monday, May 21st
- 1:30 PM - apple
- 8:00 PM - Egg scramble with 2 sausages and skim milk.
- 9:00 PM - Protein Shake w/ skim milk
Tuesday, May 22nd
- 12:00 PM - Egg scramble - 3 eggs, cheese, bacon, peppers.
- 8:00 PM - 2 pieces grilled Tilapia, Protein Pancakes, glass of skim milk, 1 protein peanut butter cup, more milk. These protein pancakes are AMAZING!! They taste like eggy bread - reminded me of naan or crepes. In fact, I will probably make crepes with these later. Watch this video to learn how to make these. Ingredients: Egg whites and protein powder. DONE.
Wednesday, May 23rd
- 11:00 AM - protein pancake w/ 2 eggs and cheese rolled up. AWESOME!!
- 7:30 PM - MORE PROTEIN PANCAKES I AM ADDICTED, egg scramble, glass of skim milk.
- 8:00 PM - 2 sunny-side up eggs. First attempt at these, came out great!
I think I ate like the equivalent of 10 eggs today.
Thursday, May 24th
- 1:00 PM - Apple Chicken Pecan salad from Wendy's with 1 packet italian vinaigrette.
- 8:30 PM - Chicken, steak, shrimp and mixed vegetables with soy sauce.
- 9:30 PM - Protein pancake, chocolate chips wrapped inside with light whip cream, glass of skim milk.
Friday, May 25th
- 11:30 AM - Protein pancakes w/ peanut butter and light whip cream, small glass whole milk.
- 7:00 PM - many handfuls of chocolate chips (I really can't keep these around the house), egg scramble.
- 8:30 PM - PP w/ chocolate chips & whip cream, small glass whole milk.
Saturday, May 26th
- 1:30 PM - 4 chicken fingers w/ bbq sauce, fried okra.
I AM A BAD PERSON - a bad person who forgot to record for about a week. Whoops. :(
Saturday, June 2nd
- 5:30 PM - Mediterranean Buffet; an untold amount of roast chicken, lamb gyro, cauliflower, green beans, some chickpeas, a little chicken curry and a small piece of baklava.
- 8:00 PM - Protein powder dessert experiment: protein cinammon rolls. didn't end up great, made with protein powder, egg whites, cinammon and topped with plain great yogurt with more cinammon and artificial sweetener.
- 4:30 PM - 2 hot dogs cut up and mixed with a pretty hearty amount of ground beef and cheese. This was an experiment gone bad. I mean it tasted fine, but not the amazing mouth explosion I was hoping for.
- 6:00 PM - Protein pancake w/ peanut butter, chocolate chips and whip cream.
- 1:30 PM - 2 hot dogs with ketchup, no buns.
- 8:30 PM - 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, ~3/4 cup broccoli cooked in butter, 1/2 of a fried Wendy's chicken breast, 1/2 a small fry.
- 9:00 PM - peanut butter, lite whip cream and chocolate chip contraption w/ small glass skim milk.
Tuesday, June 5th
- 2:45 PM - 4 chicken strips w/ bbq sauce.
- 8:00 PM - egg scramble w/ 3 eggs, sausage & bacon. A bunch of broccoli.
- 9:00 PM - protein pancake w/ butter & lite whip cream.
Wednesday, June 6th
- 12:00 PM - 1 hot dog topped with a little cheese and ketchup wrapped in a protein pancake...thought it would make a decent bun substitute. It didn't.
- 3:30 PM - Small protein shake w/ skim milk
- 7:30 PM - 1 pack pretzel M&M's.
- 8:00 PM - 2 eggs, 2 sausages, 2 pieces of bacon.
- 9:30 PM - a lot of chocolate chips.
Thursday, June 7th
- 1:00 PM - 4 chicken strips w/ bbq sauce
- 10:00 PM - A SUPERBACON cheeseburger w/ fries, part of a strawberry tart with vanilla ice cream.
- 12:00 PM - Egg scramble
- 7:00 PM - Woah! Another egg scramble!
- 9:00-1:00 AM - wine...peanut butter cookies...coconut shrimp...welp.
- 12:00 PM - 3 eggs w/ a hotdog mixed in.
- 5:00 PM - Pork Chop w/ small potato and bread, 2 buffalo wings
- 6:00 PM - Brownie flavored Loco Pop.
- 8:00 PM - 12:00 AM - more alcohol, of the beer variety this time around. ~5 pints.
Sunday, June 10th
- 2:00 PM - Lunch-size Chinese Chicken Salad from Cheesecake Factory.
- 7:00 PM - 5 eggs scrambled.
- 12:00 PM - Protein pancake w/ peanut butter, chocolate chips, whip cream, small glass skim milk.
- 8:00 PM - 2 sausages, 2 strips of bacon, 3 eggs, 1 baked zucchini made into chips.
Oven on 250-300, place on aluminum foil, spray with olive oil, season with salt and whatever else. Bake 45 min, flip, spray with more olive oil, bake for 30 min. Broil for 2-5 min, flip, broil for 2-5 more minutes. More flavor than regular chips!
- 9:30 PM - peanut butter / whip cream / chocolate chip small concoction.
- 1:00 PM - protein shake w/ skim milk
- 3:00 PM - chicken salad w/ light vinaigrette.
- 8:00 PM - 2 sausages, 2 strips of bacon, 3 eggs.
- 9:00 PM - Protein pancake concoction with 1 more baked zucchini.
Wednesday, June 13th
- I honestly don't remember :(
Thursday, June 14th
- 2:00 PM - Protein Pancake w/ 1 package of peanut M&Ms w/ glass of skim milk.
- 8:00 PM - 5 eggs
- 9:00 PM - like 5 or 6 chocolate musketeer cookies w/ milk that my roommate so kindly made me. Eek!
Friday, June 15th
- 12:00 PM - 2 hard-boiled eggs, 1 apple.
- 2:00 PM - 4 chicken strips w/ bbq
- 7:00 PM - package of cashews.
- 9:30 PM - broccoli, water chestnuts and chicken mix w/ 1 egg and a little rice.
Saturday, June 16th
- 10:00 AM - 3 eggs w/ a little turkey.
- 1:00 PM - 1 slice bread w/ ham, turkey and lettuce.
- 5:00 PM - A TON OF FRITOS oh man I should never be allowed to be within a 1 mile radius of fritos.
- 6:00 PM - Delicious pork loin with mixed grilled vegetables, a dessert made of whip cream, angel food cake and rasberries, small glass of milk. Grandmothers make the best desserts.
Sunday, June 17th
- 9:30 AM - 2 eggs, ~5 strips of bacon, 1 english muffin.
- 2-4 PM - Popcorn (Definitely NOT as much as the massive popcorn fail I had last time, but still a pretty decent amount.)
- 5:00 PM - Some left over dessert from last night.
- 6:00 PM - 1/2 rack of ribs, vegetable concoction w/ cheese. Not really sure what it was!
- 7:00 PM - A little more of the dessert with a small glass of milk.
Monday, June 18th
- 11:30 AM - 3 eggs, peanut butter w/ the little bit of whip cream I had left.
Can't recall the rest of Monday or Tuesday. I really need to update this more frequently.
Wednesday, June 20th
- 12:00 PM - 2 pieces of turkey bacon - my first attempt at cooking these and man did I suck. Completely burnt them, didn't eat most of it. Rectified the situation with 5 eggs.
- 8:00 PM - 2 cube steaks cooked with onions and garlic, broccoli cooked with onions, garlic and broccoli. Good stuff.
Thursday, June 21st
- 12:00 PM - 4 milk duds, 2 pieces of kit kat bar, 1 fun-size heath bar, 1 fun-size packet reese's pieces. Unexpected candy at a work meeting, whoops.
- 3:00 PM - protein pancake w/ peanut butter and large glass of milk. 4 more of the cookies my roommate made me with another large glass of milk.
- 9:00 PM - 3 eggs w/ 3 slices of turkey bacon.
Friday, June 22nd
- 9:30 AM - 1 apple
- 1:00 PM - 3 eggs, 2 pieces of turkey bacon.
- 2:00 PM - ~1 cup broccoli cooked with onions and a little butter.
- 2:30 PM - 4 milk duds.
- 7:00 PM - 1 oreo, a bunch of fried okra. Like a lot. I love fried okra. A little peanut butter.
- 8:30 PM - 2 eggs, 1 piece turkey bacon.